Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Spinach and Feta Omelet Puffs


Ever since moving to LA I've noticed that brunch is quite the phenomenon.  It might just be an adult thing that I was never a part of before, but I like to think of it as a very "LA" thing to do.  Either way, I have come to love it, but as an assistant on a budget, and as someone with an old roommate who let bottomless mimosa's and a trip to the pet store in search of a fish turn into this adorable little monster:


I've realized I can't spend every weekend at some of the amazing cafe's LA has to offer, no matter how much my taste buds protest.

Instead, I spend some of my Sunday mornings in my own kitchen feeling fancy cooking up cafe style cuisine and pouring my orange juice into wine glasses.


These little tarts are great for a brunch with friends or can be stored in the fridge for breakfast the rest of the week.  Because they are self contained, they make eating and storing them as simple as possible.  My car has the crumbs to prove just how portable they are.  

Spinach and Feta Omelet Puffs

Serving Size:  2 tarts
Servings:  4

Ingredients:

1 container of Crescent Seamless Dough
5 Eggs
1 cup of Fresh Spinach
8 pinches of Feta Cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
Cooking Spray

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Boil a pot of salted water.

Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.  Unroll the dough and cut it into eight 5" squares, about the size of your hand.  Press dough into each cup of the tin allowing the four corners to hang over the sides.

Once your pot of water is boiled, blanch your spinach.  Cook for about 15-20 seconds then place spinach in ice water and drain on a paper towel.

Place spinach into each cup of dough.  Mix eggs, salt and pepper together and fill the cups of dough about 2/3 full.  Sprinkle a pinch of feta cheese into each cup and fold the corners over top.  (To spice up the recipe you can used flavored feta, I used tomato basil).

Bake in the oven for about 8-10 minutes or until the dough is golden and the egg is no longer runny.  Remove from tray with a fork right away to avoid over cooking and serve.





No comments:

Post a Comment