Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Asian Style Breaded Chicken


My recipes usually consist of whatever I happen to have on hand at the moment with the least amount of things needed from the grocery store as possible.  I like shopping, but the grocery store just makes me angry.  Unless it is 3 o'clock in the morning, the grocery store always seems to be packed full of people just trying to make me scream.  From the people who walk extremely slow in a snake like pattern making it impossible to get past, to the shopping carts blocking every aisle while their drivers stand in the most inconvenient spots, to the death stares I get while I have to shimmy up against the ketchup racks just to get by.  IT'S INFURIATING.  But I digress.

Because of my utter hatred for Los Angeles supermarkets, I usually improvise.  That being said, every once in a while when I cook for someone else I will go through the effort of making something that requires special ingredients.  I did this a few weeks ago and made Asian Chicken Burgers which were to die for.  Now I have random ingredients like Hoisin Sauce and Thai Chili Paste that I have no idea how I'll ever use up.  This is where my creativity needed to stretch it's legs.  In my sheer hatred of letting food spoil (I'm really not an angry person, I swear) I invented a little thing I like to call:

Asian Style Breaded Chicken


Ingredients:

Chicken Breast
2-3 Tblsp Soy Sauce
1 Tblsp Hoisin Sauce
1-2 tsp Thai Chili Paste
Panko Bread Crumbs

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a bowl mix the Soy Sauce, Hoisin Sauce and Thai Chili Paste (be warned, that stuff is SPICY!).

Coat the chicken in the sauce and Panko Bread Crumbs.

Cook for about 45 mins or until the chicken reaches 165 degrees.

Pair this with some green beans and peanuts, and you are ready to go.

Make sure to make some extra sauce for dipping, just don't let the raw chicken touch the extra sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment