Sunday, January 13, 2013

Seven Vegetable Salad


Right before moving to LA I went to May Fair in Allentown, PA where I watched a man demonstrate kitchen supplies.  Truthfully, I only attended because it promised free food.  He was pretty good at his job, though, because if I had had the money I probably would have bought something.

This was the salad that he made while demonstrating a grater.  He also spent the time explaining to us that by eating this salad 3-5 times a week, you can reduce your chance of internal cancers by 85%.  Now he may have just really been trying to sell us his appliances, but I'd rather err on the side of caution.  I mean eating more vegetables isn't really a bad thing, so I'll stick with that selling point.

If your New Year's resolution is to be healthier, this is a big step in the right direction without too much effort.  Just add your favorite dressing and maybe some tuna for protein and you are gold.

Seven Vegetable Salad


Ingredients:

1 large Carrot
3 stalks of Celery
1/2 a medium Onion
2 Yellow Squashes
1 Zucchini
1/4 head of Red Cabbage
1/4 cup of Butternut Squash

Directions:

Shred carrots and cabbage.  Chop the rest of the vegetables into tiny bits.  Mix together and serve.  Store for up to a week.  Top with dressing and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment