Thursday, January 24, 2013

Apple Strudel Cheesecake Bars


I've been meaning to make these bars since the beginning of December, but with the holidays I just didn't get the chance, but now I am kicking myself for not making them sooner.  They are SO good.  So much for any kind of healthy eating resolutions.

These little buggers were part of my downfall in my quest to limit my dairy consumption.  But what a way to fail!

I'm not usually a big fan of apple deserts, but I have been converted.  They combine the only parts of apple pie I like (the crust and the gooey part of the filling) and mix in one of my favorite ingredients (cream cheese - well I like all kinds of cheese.  I wonder what these would taste like with cheddar cheese on top?  A la MIB 3 style... sorry got lost in a cheesy dream there) to create a sinfully delicious dessert.

I sneak little bites in the morning when making my lunch for work.  I can't help myself.  I'm sure you won't be able to either.

Recipe curtesy of bettycrocker.com

Apple Strudel Cheesecake Bars

Ingredients:

1 pouch of Betty Crocker's Oatmeal Cookie Mix
1/2 cup of firm Butter
16 oz of Cream Cheese
1/2 cup if Sugar
2 Tbsp of Flour
1 tsp of Vanilla
1 Egg
1 can (21 oz) Apple Pie Filling
1/2 tsp of Ground Cinnamon
1/4 cup of chopped Walnuts (Optional)

Directions:

Heat oven to 350 degree.

Spray a 13x9 pan with cooking spray.

Mix together the oatmeal cookie mix and cut up butter until mixture is crumbly.  Save 1 1/2 cups of the crumbs for topping.  Press the remaining crumbs into the bottom of the pan and bake for 10 minutes.

While that bakes, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, flour, vanilla and egg on medium speed until smooth.

In a separate bowl mix together the apple pie filling and cinnamon.

Remove crumb mixture from oven and spread the cream cheese mixture on top.  Spoon apple filling over top of cream cheese and sprinkle with reserved crumbs.  Top with walnuts.

Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool for 30 minutes.  Refrigerate 2 hours before serving.

Store covered in the refrigerator.





No comments:

Post a Comment